I was quite surprised when I be-bopped over to Forever Folding Laundry and read her post for today to see that Keri honored me with two blog awards. Thank you so much Keri, I truly love reading your blog.
The first one is "I'm Lovin' Your Blog", with this award I am supposed to list five things that I love.
1. My Savior and friend, Jesus. He cares for me like none other.
2. My Husband because he loves me and that's no easy feat sometimes. ~Smile~
3. My children, because they bring me daily joy--and entertainment. I guess I should say all inclusively, my family, even the strange ones.
4. Chocolate, yes, you are reading correctly, I have a deep and abiding love of chocolate.
5. Homeschooling because I get to choose what and how my children learn.
The second one is the "I Love Blogging" Award. With this one I have to share fifteen things that I am not afraid to admit. Oh, boy here we go.
1. I voted for McCain-Palin and I am not ashamed to say it.
2. I absolutely love my crocs. I realize they are not the most attractive shoes, but they make my feet happy. I don't where them everywhere, but I usually regret it when I don't.
3. I have never been camping and I can't say that I feel I have missed out because of it either.
4. I love Mexican food. I could eat it everyday and never get tired of it.
5. I still have boxes to unpack from moving in here, four months ago. Ugh!! I know, I know. I just think that if the possibility exists that we will move again in March, why unpack them. Obviously the most important stuff is out, just the unimportant, I don't even remember what that is stuff is still packed. And some of the toys, just don't tell the kids.
6. I don't often change out of my pj's until after noon. . .if I do at all. No reason to change if I'm not leaving the house. Why create more laundry for no reason. Right??
7. I often find myself singing Veggie Tale songs, even when the kids aren't around.
8. I enjoy reading, but rarely find time to do so. It's another one of those things that I have to do while the kids are sleeping.
9. My towels don't match. You know how some people have all matching towels. Not me, I have various colors and even patterns (some are striped). Exciting I know.
10. I got married when I was nineteen. I turned twenty two months later and we had our oldest son fourteen months later.
11. Exactly 356 days after Nathaniel was born, I had Makiah. Two kids at twenty-two years old. Needless to say, Sam came FIVE years later.
12. I have had a child every way there is to have one. I had an epidural with the first (even against my fears, terrified of needles I was). Makiah and Sam it was natural all the way, no meds at all. Then Daniel, my breech baby, was delivered via c-section. Natural was definitely the best, for me that is.
13. I am an only child. I know what you are all thinking--no, I am not spoiled. Just don't ask my Hubs what he thinks. ~Smile~
14. I don't like to touch raw meat and will go out of my way not too. I will use utensils, bowls, whatever I have to do to avoid touching it.
15. When I am frying hamburger or chicken, I change spatulas two or three times. I don't like the idea of using the spatula on in the middle cooked meat after using it on raw meat. I know, I am strange. I thought you all knew that already.
Whew, that was harder than I thought it would be.
Okay, so I want to pass on the awards , both of them, to some other deserving bloggers and here they are--Karen at Pediascribe, Stephanie at Adventures in Babywearing, Mrs. Lemon at Lemonade Living and Melanie at Passionate, Purposeful Parenting.
Now that you all know way more than you wanted to know, I'll close this out. I have laundry waiting to be folded, dishes calling to be washed and children begging to go to bed. Gotcha with that last one huh?? Wishful thinking I guess.