Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday Randomness

Today has been a busy day and yet I don't feel like I accomplished anything. I did, I just don't feel like it. I don't mean just everyday stuff, you know, you have those things everyday. I mean big projects. I have so many big projects that I want to get done, yet they get swamped under the day to day stuff. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Samuel started the morning with washing his hat--in the bathroom sink. I guess I should just be thankful that he didn't wash it in the toilet.

We have a subscription to Turtle Magazine for Sam and we were working through a few pages of the current issue and we came upon a maze. Sam loved it!! He sat there for probably 45 minutes working that maze and then came back to it 3 or 4 more times. I was happy. He was happy. Thank you Turtle. Seriously though, if you have a preschooler, it's a great magazine for them and it has given me several good craft and food ideas for the kids. We use it at preschool time as a curriculum for him. He liked the maze so much, I may have to buy a maze book or print some from the internet. Anything that keeps him busy for more than 45 minutes has my complete attention and appreciation. ~Grin~

Daniel's first tooth is just barely up. You can feel little ridges and I am sure in a couple of days we will have a cute, razor sharp little tooth. He is chewing on everything and is very drooly, but he is a happy boy. I love to hear him laugh out loud.

I did warn you about the randomness at the beginning. Just another warning, it doesn't change. Keep reading if you can stomach it.

Makiah wants to bake something, but I just don't have the energy for that this evening, so that will have to be a project for tomorrow. We try to work in a couple of cooking events (where she helps) as part of school work. she enjoys it and it's a great way for us to spend time together.

I journeyed to the library today and got several documentaries for the kids. We are a documentary watching family. We watch a lot of them. I also picked up some more Dr. Seuss books because my kids are currently just fascinated with the rhyming. They both rhyme a lot, sometimes too much. You know, when your child is using her rhyming abilities at church and she happens upon a bad word mixed in there, she doesn't know it is a bad word, she's just rhyming. But the people within ear shot gasp and then turn red/purple trying to stifle their laughter. Yeah, rhyming is great. Truly.

Well, I know this is just thrilling blog fodder, but I am going to close this thing out for today. I have several posts running around in my head. I need to catch one and write it for tomorrow so you don't have to endure this type of randomness everyday.

Thank you and goodnight.

No comments: