Every week this great site, Heart of the Matter, I stumbled upon has a meme and so I thought for a Saturday and all-I-am-doing-is-cleaning-out-closets-and-you-would-not-be-interested-in-that we would participate in the meme, ya know, for a post with a point. Aren't I nice?
1. We are inter-racial family. I could stop right here, that's almost more uniqueness than one post can handle, but I won't. Trying to give our children the best from both cultures.
2. Hubs is Jamacian. He likes hot, very hot food. He likes to think he's a gourmet chef. He's an excellent cook, just a messy one. He's also an artist. Need I say more about that? I didn't think so.
3. We had a special needs child, Nathaniel, and he passed away at age 3. Grief and I are well acquainted. But so is God and I.
4. Hubs is the Associate Pastor of the church we attend--that lends itself to all kinds of uniqueness.
5. We watch a lot of documentaries. We also watch a lot of cartoons. There really is no middle ground for us.
6. We don't have a TV. Well we have one that we watch movies on, but it doesn't get any channels. No cable, no satellite. Most people find that to be strange--we think it's normal. In all of our married life we have never had one. We are okay with that, we don't feel we are missing out.
7. I love nonfiction books. Even as a child I would head straight for the nonfiction section of the library. I guess that works well with the whole documentary thing huh? I guess we are knowledge hounds.
8. We don't have any pets. Hubs and I have no desire for animals to live amongst us.
9. We grow fresh herbs. Yum!!
10. We cloth diaper our youngest son. I love it, wish I had done it with the other 3.
I think that's enough interesting info for one post, don't you?
I hope you all have a blessed and joy-filled weekend.
I leave you with this Thanksgiving wisdom from Maxine:
Keep laughing, it's like medicine for your soul!