Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Of Friends, Camp and Diapers

It's a mixed bag to day friends.

Our holiday weekend was great!!! We had some of our peeps come and visit us. Fiona, Jonathan and Daniel came over on Saturday and left (practically had to be kicked out) Monday evening. They could have stayed longer, but you know that pesky thing called work beckoned them home. We had good food, good fellowship and relaxation!! What a grand way to spend the weekend.

Makiah left for church camp Monday morning. She is two and a half hours away from me. A couple of times yesterday I wondered if we had completely lost our minds!! Last night I got a call from our Pastor who is down there with Makiah and 20 other members of the church. When I answered I wasn't sure if it was a check in call or Makiah was going to be crying on the other end for me to come and pick her up. Makiah got on the phone and told me that she had received the gift of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38 for those who want an explanation) in church last night!!! I was thrilled!! How great is that??!?

I can't have a post without telling you all about a fabulous giveaway!! You all know that I am a HUGE fan of cloth diapers and Kelly's Closet is my favorite retailer. Fluff Fridays giveaway for this week is up and I have to say it's a good 'un!! The prize package this week is (drumroll please):

1-BabyBeehinds One Size Fitted Diaper (Winner choose either hemp or bamboo)
1-Thirsties Diaper Cover
12-Kissaluvs Premium Print Wipes

Pop on over there and enter to win and check out the other blog posts too. I enjoy the posts and always come away having learned something!!

I still have my post about my closet adventure and a kiddo post for fun. The boys and I are going to try to get in some fun in the sun, but the sun is going to have to cooperate and come back out.

Happy Tuesday bloggity friends!!

2 comments:

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

They angels are rejoicing for Makiah. Yay, yay! Such good news.

forever folding laundry said...

What an exciting moment in her (and your life)! So great!!

~Keri