Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wedding Recovery

Whew!! Marryin' someone off is not easy task!! I am so glad the wedding and wedding planning is over!!!

It was a busy 2 days leading up to the wedding and then the day of was, of course, crazy. There were no casualties, for which we should all bow our heads and give thanks for. The day of was insanely crazy, but again, everyone survived (barely, just barely) and the bride and groom took off for their honeymoon and we all cleaned up.

We planned to go to the Old Spaghetti Factory with some very dear friends for dinner, so I had a huge decision to make. . . spaghetti factory or amputate both of my feet (they hurt so bad). I decided to skip the amputation and head for the fun and food and it was a wise decision. Some food just tastes better in the presence of GREAT friends.

Sunday was wonderful. Service was fabulous at Fresh Anointing and then of course, fellowship was great too. We stayed an extra night in STL to recuperate some more and to spend a few extra moments with our "framily". I think I am still trying to recover from the craziness of it all, but exhausted is no longer in the list of descriptions.

I resumed the "Great Slim Down of '09" today, since I fell off the wagon. I picked myself up, dusted myself off and said, "girl, you can do this, no more excuses." Seeing pictures of yourself on the internet, directing someone's wedding will make you want to shed as much weight as possible. Trust me. So if I bite Hubs head off later, he should know it's because I have had NO chocolate today. ~~Smile~~The Wii Fit and I also got reacquainted today.

Enough ramblin', I must go make dinner, just because I am dieting, doesn't everyone should suffer. ~~wink~~

3 comments:

Liz said...

So glad you had fun at the wedding! weddings are my favorite dress up thing to do besides go to church ... or out with my husband ...

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

The tough weddings are those of your children. You've got quite a while before you have to experience one of those.

Mainly a midwife said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for stopping by... Glad you like the header pic.. I really wasn't sure when I posted it. But it's probably the ONLY thing related to birth right now on my blog.