Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Brand, Spankin' New

Today is the first day of a brand, spankin' new year.  I don't know what it is, but I just love the feeling of a new year.  It's like finishing up the chapter of a really good book and wanting to go to the next one to see what will happen.  That's how I feel today.  What will chapter 2013 look like?  What amazing miracles will we see?  What challenges will we face?  How will I be a better person in 2013?

I know most people sat down this morning or last week sometime and wrote out a whole long list of resolutions or goals.  I haven't yet.  I usually do.  A few years back I changed them from resolutions to goals.  While pondering those terms this past week I realized I had given myself an out.  You know if it's a goal and you don't get there you don't feel as bad, but when I would drop a resolution I always felt so guilty.  Resolution means you are going to be resolute, steadfast, unchanging in your decision and thats what I want to be this year.  Resolute.  I won't bore you all with a big list of my resolutions, mainly because I don't have a long list.  There are only a couple of things I have set my mind to do this year.  And yes, one of those things is to blog more.

But my main desire is to be resolute in whatever it is I have set my mind to accomplish.  God has given me another year.  Another year to be a help meet to my Hubs, to mother my babies (who aren't really so little), to reach souls that are hungry, to be a good First Lady and to just all around be a more Godly person.

So here is my question. . . what are you going to do with this brand, spankin' new year?

4 comments:

Alicia Phillips said...

You do beautiful work, very talented lady you are!

MotherT said...

I have a running list of things that I want to accomplish, so I don't really do the New Year's Resolution thing.

Hope this new year is a great one for you all!

Kelli Delahoussaye said...

Happy New Year's to you. I try not to make any resolutions because I end up forgetting about them. But if I were to make one, it would to stop worrying what people think of me and enjoy life more.

sovereignfunding124 said...

So Talented lady do you have with great work.
Please also visit on these hypertext keywords for lump sum cash settlement:--- sell my structured settlements | lump sum cash settlement | cash for settlement payment | money for settlement