Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pass the Tissues Please

Well, Hay Fever season is upon me and I am having so much fun. I can't breathe, my head feels swollen and my throat is sore. I just generally feel YUCK!

Okay, I am done whining. . . . for now anyway.

Daniel is better now, no more fever, just a junky cough. Hopefully within a couple of days that will be gone too. Makiah's upset stomach never went any further (thank you Lord, prayer works people) and Samuel seems to have escaped this recent round of illness (another thank you Lord).

Daniel is teething so his snotty ways may hang around for, oh, say the next six months, but hopefully not. Except for the first son, my other two had horrible snotty issues associated with teething. I am hoping Daniel takes after his oldest brother. The doctor said she could see one just below the gum and it should make it's appearance soon. But babies often fool even the best of doctors, we'll see.

Daniel's palette now includes squash, green beans, peaches, pears, bananas, carrots applesauce and sweet potatoes. He loves his food and eats the whole jar, followed by a bottle. He's still a peanut, but he's growing steadily so that's all that counts. He is up to just over sixteen pounds. He reminds me so much of Nathaniel. He has the same temperament, holds his hands the same way, does several of the things Nathaniel did. It's a good reminder though. I can't believe it, time is moving so quickly. *sigh*

Makiah is doing well in school. She is dramatic about it, but she is doing well. Her reading skills have increased tremendously, not that she was behind, it's just gotten smoother. She is still flying through her work, I think we'll switch her to the A Beka program next year, give her more of a challenge. I need to get her in some type of music class. She is always singing, making up her own songs. We have music time everyday as part of school. I want her to take piano lessons, but I am having a hard time finding someone around here that teaches children. Most of them have a full schedule and aren't taking new students.

You know, I don't have enough on my calendar, I need to add something else. I don't mind really, I want her to learn.

Samuel is still up to his old tricks. He loves to take things apart and see how they work. The other day I found him sitting in the lower cabinet, taking my blender apart. Yes, the blender, you know the kind, sharp blades, glass pitcher--that's the one.

He has figured out that if he moves everything back he can hide in the lower cabinets. It's great really, thinking that your two year old has vanished, and start to feel panic rising. Yes, before I knew that he had discovered his "house" I searched all over, I just knew that he had opened the front door and was heading down the street to Guitar Center. Finally, as I was rushing through the kitchen calling his name again, he pushed the doors open and said "yes mommy". My heart began to beat normally again and I told him he can't hide from mama and that if I am calling him he needs to answer.

We'll see if that works, if not, at least I know where to look.

2 comments:

forever folding laundry said...

Sorry everyone is feeling crummy! That's my least favorite part about the seasons changing.

Oh, and when Gary is missing there's a good chance he's at Guitar Center, too!

Mainly a midwife said...

I hope everyone is feeling better soon. Maybe Samuel is going to be an engineer? I have an old boom box that he can take apart if he wants to :)
BTW, I tagged you today. Check out my last post.