Thursday, October 23, 2008

For My Endearing Love of Pumpkins

Actually, we usually say punkins.

I posted before we moved to this new town house that I wanted my kitchen decor to be a vineyard theme, because I think it's beautiful and I could see it all layed out in my head.

Over the last couple of months I have been thinking about that and I like it, but I didn't really want it anymore. I guess I had just been seeing it my head for so long that I was tired of it--before it was even done. I have been "seeing" that kitchen for about six years now.

I love fall. No, let me do that again. I REALLY LOVE FALL. Yeah, the weather's great, but I really love the fall decor.

I have secretly wanted a pumpkin kitchen for a very long time, but my fear of people thinking I was crazy, I just kept with my ideas for a vineyard kitchen.

Last week I decided that the people that know me think I'm crazy anyway, so why not have a punkin kitchen if I want one.

My mom has a snowman kitchen year round, and it's really cute. If she can have snowmen year round, then I can have punkins with fall decor--year round.

So I have started collecting my decor, and it's the perfect time to buy because the fall stuff is on clearance. I have to do it a little at a time, but it'll get there, and when it does it will be beautiful--to me anyway.

I have a theory that if you love the room and enjoy being in there, it's more enjoyable to clean. Ha!! Hopefully I am right.

I picked up some pieces today at Jo-Ann Fabrics and they are so cute. I also have a beautiful piece of cloth that I am using for a table runner right now, but it will eventually be the valance for my kitchen window. So without further ado here a few before and after pics of what I've done so far.


Centerpiece for table.

Little punkins for the window sill.

Dish towels and pot holders.

Side view of my centerpiece.

I am still working on it, but I had to share what I've done so far. I am thinking that instead of having it year round, I'll have a kitchen that changes with the seasons. I don't know. . .

My indecision is exposed, excuse me.

I would love to hear what you, dear bloggity friends think about the kitchen that changes seasons. Thanks.

Well, I must get back to the recliner, my back is complaining.

4 comments:

Passionate Purposeful Parenting said...

I love the idea of the kitchen that changes seasons. Since we as moms spend so much time in the kitchen, I think having a decor that you really like is important! :)

forever folding laundry said...

I think a "change with the season" kitchen is a cute idea! Your pumpkins are super cute!

Butterfly Momma said...

I agree - I think the idea of kitchen decor that follows the seasons is a wonderful idea. You definitely have a beautiful start on fall!!

Wendy

Valerie said...

Thanks to all. . .Happy Fall!!