Well, dear bloggity friends, I didn't have as much time as thought this week to post (or read blogs, I'll be catching up soon). So I will re-cap our holiday today and give you all the things I am thankful for, they are many.
First the things I am thankful for, these are not necessarily in order, though God is first:
1. God. I don't know where I would be without the Lord. The cares for me like no other, and I don't even deserve it.
2. My Hubs, he is truly dear to me.
3. My wonderful children who challenge me everyday to be a better mama--and I love them muchly.
4. My extended family, though sometimes I don't want to claim some of them, I love them.
5. My church families, one here and one in St. Louis--I love them.
6. My freedom.
7. My home. I have a roof over my head, food in my frig, clothes to wear, electricity and heat, toys abounding and love.
8. Blogging, yes, I am thankful for blogging and all the people I have "met" online.
There's my list, I am sure there are a few that I have missed, but I think I can say that I am truly blessed.
Our Thanksgiving was really good. We went to my parents and had a feast and then we played UNO until we were cross-eyed. Then we drove out to a friends house for more food and games. We played until late, but then decided to leave, because she gets up early to go shop on Black Friday. I also had to rise early to go on a mini road trip.
Friday my mom and I took the kids north to see more family. We went to see my grandma and all the aunts, uncles and cousins up there (about 2 hours from where we live). We ate more good food (I am going to have to roll to church in the morning) and had a good time visiting with everyone. I got to see some cousins I haven't seen in over 7 years. It was really great.
Today our big plans are (drum roll please). . . . the circus! The kids are really excited and I have to say I am too.
I hope each of you had a great Thanksgiving.
I'll be back to tomorrow with tales of elephants, lions, trapeze artists and all sorts of things to talk about.
Have a blessed Saturday.