Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Spicy Beefy Veggie Soup

I promised this recipe a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd better get it up here.

This is really yummy and is very filling.

1 pound of ground beef
1 jar of spaghetti sauce (Ragu Garden Combo is good)
1/2 cup of chopped onion (chopped to the size your family likes)
1 can of corn
1 can of peas
1 large (28 oz.) diced new potatoes
1 can of beef broth
1 can of Ro-tel (I use the original mild, but if you like it hot you can use the hot)

Fry ground beef and onion in a skillet. I like to season it with garlic, basil and pepper.

In a large stock pot, combine spaghetti sauce, Ro-tel and beef broth. Cover and get it hot. Add corn and peas.

Once beef is done, add beef and onions to stock pot and bring to a boil. Immediately turn it down and simmer for about 15 minutes.

All done! It is really good served with garlic bread or corn bread.

See wasn't that easy. Ready in about 30 minutes. You can double it by buying the super large jar of sphaghetti, an extra pound of beef, 2 cans of each of the veggies and beef broth and depending on how spicy you like, an extra can of Ro-tel.

***I did it again. I thought I posted this last night and all I did was save it not post it. So it's up on Thursday, with yesterday's time stamp. Check back later for "Fro-less".

No comments: