I love, love, love pickles. Sweet, dill, bread and butter, whatever, I love them.
So you can imagine (if you can't, try) my joy at trying spicy pickles. Oh, the love. Combining my two favorite things--spicy and sweet. Oh, yeah, they are yummy!!
So, being the bloggity friend I am, I am going to share this recipe with all of you pickle-lovers. Hopefully, there are some pickle lovers out there, but if not, it would be a great food gift for someone who does love pickles.
1 LARGE jar of Vlasic Dill whole pickles--80 ounce jar
4 cups of sugar
2 Tbsp. of Tabasco sauce (has to be Tabasco, I'm told other brands are not as good)
2 Tbsp. of Crushed Red Pepper (flakes not powder)
3 cloves of garlic*
1. Drain all juice off pickles. You can discard, the sugar will make new juice.
2. Slice pickles, not to thin because they will curl.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine pickles and sugar. Mix it up, covering the pickles.
4. Now add Tabasco, pepper and garlic.
5. Mix it well. Then put the pickles back into the jar, refrigerate. At first it just looks like a mess, but all that yummy stuff becomes juice again and it is, well, yummy.
6. Let sit one week and then enjoy.**
*You can't use garlic powder in this, but if you are inclined to buying the chopped garlic in the jar, then a half teaspoon is equivalent to one clove.
**This is what you are supposed to do, but I don't make it a week. Usually within a day or so, you will be able to enjoy at full flavor.
Aren't they pretty and full of color??
Are you hungry now??
Well, I hope you all enjoy!!
Tomorrow I'll be back with a tale of babywearing, complete with photos. You won't want to miss it!
By-the-way, go visit here for some Blissfully Domestic tips, recipes, ideas, etc.