Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Best Laid Plans. . .

I had a post in my head, I just needed to type it out and now I find myself unable to put two sentences together properly. That post will have to continue to float around in my head until I am more coherent.

I went out earlier to get the car worked on, and thank the good Lord, it was a simple problem that didn't cost an arm and a leg. When I came home, Sam was laughing hysterically. He came over to me and said "Mama, I are 'larious". That would be Sam speak for hilarious. Apparently he had been cracking himself up.

Heart Tip for today: Stay hydrated. It is so important that we keep ourselves hydrated. The recommended amount we need everyday is 64 ounces of water. Staying hydrated keeps our electrolytes in balance, in effect keeping the electricity, that keeps our hearts pumping, charging effectively. Dehydration causes muscle cramps and can cause a heart attack if severe enough. This is especially important if you are very physically active (work or exercise) and if it is extremely hot outside. Fluid of any kind can keep you hydrated, but water is calorie free and is really good for your metabolism.

I am heading to workout. I'll update everyone on my progress on Friday.

1 comment:

Boy Mom said...

Sounds like you need a big drink and some sleep.

Love all the heart tips!