Thursday, October 29, 2009

With the Right Weapon I Am Dangerous, Part 1

I am a child of God, a wife, a mother, a teacher, a laundry folder, a dishwasher, a house cleaner and I am also a warrior. I wear armor, I carry a BIG shield and I also wield a sword.

I think I made it pretty clear in yesterday's post that we are fighting a battle. Today I want to talk about weapons, well and tomorrow too. Yesterday I talked about the shield of faith and how it's not just protection, but can also put out some pretty hefty blows (let Satan get too close and I'll bonk him over the head with my faith). But in spiritual warfare we have the greatest, most precise weapon there is: the Word of God.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.~~Hebrews 4:12

When charging at your enemy you should be properly armed. You can't fight Satan, and win, without the Word of God. Spiritual warfare requires spiritual weapons. There is a reason for hiding the Word in your heart. First, of course, is so that you don't sin against God (Psalm 119:11), but also for the purposes of battle. Hiding the Word deep in your heart puts it in your hand at all times. When Satan comes against you, you have your weapons close~you don't have to run and find them.

The Word of God is strong and sure and never changes. It is also beautiful and comforting and full of promises. The Word of God has the power to take down enemies and lift up the discouraged. Wield your weapon carefully and with precision. So many times we forget that we have the weapons we need. We lose sight of the goal, we become discouraged and then we sit down and let the enemy run over us. Even in STAND mode, you don't let go of your sword. The enemy has no power where we don't let him have power. God is the only all powerful one. Don't give your enemy place. Hold firm to your faith and grab your sword and let your enemy know where you stand.

My head is down and I am poised for battle, I have my shield and I am wielding my sword.

2 comments:

forever folding laundry said...

Excellent post, Val. I pray all is well for you & your family. Sounds like you are well-armed. :)

xo,
Keri

susan said...

Great post!

I use this with my boys a lot.