Thursday, November 26, 2009

I Am So Very Thankful

I try to be thankful on other days too. But on this holiday, when my washing machine is silent and we are eating turkey till we can't breathe, my mind wonders to how blessed I truly am.

I am thankful that I know God and He knows me. And that I live in a country where I am free to worship Him and read my Bible.

I am thankful for my family. I have a wonderful Hubs. My kids bless me everyday with their cuddles and hugs and sweet kisses. I love to hear them laugh. I love my family and they love me. Even in hard times, sad time and times of bordering insanity~I wouldn't trade them for anything in this world!!!!

I am thankful to be alive and somewhat healthy. I can see, hear, talk, walk and play.

I am thankful for a place to live and plenty of food in my fridge. I am thankful for clean water and electricity.

I am thankful that the car accident my Hubs was in, didn't hurt him, at all. No pain, no injuries, nothing. I am so thankful for that.

I thankful for so many things, the list just keeps going. So to all of you bloggity friends, I only have this to say:

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
~~Anonymous~~

Oh! Did I mention I am thankful for the funny things that come our way in life. Laughter makes our heart happy and our face crinkle with smiles. If I am going to have wrinkles, I want them to be laugh lines! I hope you have a joyous Thanksgiving. One filled with reflection on blessings and one filled with laughter, lots and lots of laughter!

No comments: