Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Handmade Christmas

Crochet, knitting (if I get the hang of it fast enough), painting, flowers, candy and desserts (of course) more. It's going to be a handmade Christmas.

I have decided that I want to give the people near and dear to me things made from the heart. I have made my list and I am checking it twice of the items to make--I need to hurry!

I am making scarves, dishrags and dish clothes, broaches, scrubbies and lots of candy. Makiah will be painting a picture for her grandparents. We will be making some of our Christmas cards. I am only so crazy people. So far here is what I have to make:

Crochet:
3 scarves
2 Hat and Scarf combos
15 Scrubbies
6 Dishrags
4 Dish clothes

5 Broaches (a couple with jewels and a couple with flowers)
1 Flower Arrangement
3 Snowmen (made out of jars, trust me)
Candy. I am making candy until I will be sick of it. Win-win for all involved.

I absolutely love getting things that people made for me, with me in mind. I don't know why, but it just means more. Don't get me wrong, I love a great new pair of shoes or a new purse (Nine West is my favorite, but I'm not picky), but handmade gifts are kept longer, sometimes generations and they don't end up at the local thrift shop (usually). My kids are getting presents as usual, but we are giving to others things that no one else can give them, presents made by us.

No comments: