Thursday, December 17, 2009

Like Photographing Wild Animals

Sunday night at our church was the annual Christmas Concert, which was lovely. They had the platform decorated beautifully and all the singers did excellent. I decided sunday morning that one area of the platform would make a great place for a three kidlet picture. I was right, because that night several people were taking pictures there. I waited for a chance to go up there and I got them all up there and sitting on the bench and they looked so cute. Then the picture taking began and I promise you it was hysterical! They wiggled and moved and turned around and wondered off. After five shots I finally gave up. I looked at the pictures, a little sad that they didn't turn out better and then after looking at them and laughing at their adorable expressions, I decided that they were GREAT! I love them so much! I will take them to a studio and get their pictures taken, but I love these pictures. Love them so much that I put them in my Christmas cards and ordered an 8 x 10 of one of them! You be the judge.


Take One


Take Two


Third Try! Sam was telling me "cheese"! This is my fav and the one that is currently hanging as an 8 x 10 on my wall!


Take Four, still tickling each other!


Sam had wondered over and was looking at another tree, so I grabbed a shot of Daniel and Makiah and called it a day! I just realized how badly Daniel needs another hair cut!

I also haven't totally figured out this new camera (as you can see by the blurriness) so apparently I need a course on using the Nikon Coolpix Camera correctly. I got the pics loaded into iPhoto and Hubs asks, "did you flip up the flash?" Dumb look crosses face, "No, I forgot about having to flip it up and where were you when I needed you to ask me that?" Needless to say, I need a tutorial and a memory, to remember that flash!

It was a fun photo shoot, but hopefully the next one will be a little more calm and where they may actually ALL look at the camera at the SAME time.

A mother can dream people, dream.

1 comment:

forever folding laundry said...

Such cute kiddos. Merry Christmas!

~Keri