Okay, so TodaysMama is giving away a hefty sleighful of gifts that, well, I would love to win. To enter you participate in the meme, which is a pretty great meme I think. I had fun filling this one out and I haven't done a meme in a long time. Enjoy!!
1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year? Gone with the Wind, the 70th Anniversary Edition. That was the only thing I specifically asked for, I left options open; purse, shoes, books, etc. I really didn't make a list this year. I also asked for a Brita Water pitcher which definitely shows I need help in gift list making. Ha!
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received? My all time favorite hand made gifts are my afghans and quilts made by various women in my family. I love and treasure each one. And of course I love anything my kids make, but because it usually has grape jelly on it somewhere, it can't last forever.
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle? I have always wanted to make an afghan for my mom. She has made so many for me and the kids that I wanted her to have that I made. I crochet and I do a fine job, but I get bored if the project doesn't get done fast enough. I guess I'll shoot for next year and that way I can take breaks doing it!
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child? One year my Nanny had the idea to make a little doll of each granddaughter. The doll had our hair color (yarn) and she made the doll and it's clothes (I've told you all the lady was talented). She even wrote a little book about each of us and attached it to the doll. She wrote in there a little story and what she loved about us. It truly was the best gift she gave me as a child. And I still have it, I will give it to my daughter one day.
5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year? Nintendo DS, Leapster 2, a game for each. They are also getting a couple of little things and thats it. Keeping it simple, or trying to anyway.
6. What is your favorite holiday food? Dressing! I love dressing. I would rather have that than anything else. I think dressing might even trump my beloved chocolate.
7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays? We are making most of our gifts this year for our friends and family. Scarves, hats, dish rags and dish clothes, special picture frames for the grandparents, broaches, painting, even decorating our own Christmas bags. I am also making a few preemie hats for the NICU at the local hospital. My hands and right arm already hurt from all the crocheting!
8. What is your favorite holiday movie? I think A Charlie Brown Christmas is my favorite. Not really a movie though is it. Okay, I guess I'll go with It's a Wonderful Life.
9. Favorite holiday song? The Christmas Song and Joy to the Word
10. Favorite holiday pastime? Being with family. Just being. I love the spending time, the laughing and the eating. Reading about the birth of Jesus and just being. I love it!