Saturday, October 23, 2010

Oh Blog, How I Have Neglected Thee

Contrary to my current bloggy neglect, I do miss blogging. I do apologize for my long absence in the bloggy world. So on this Saturday morning I will attempt to get my bloggy groove back.

I feel like time is speeding past me in and I'm losing not minutes but days! Does anyone else feel this? I mean, what has happened to October?!?! I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that its almost November! Christmas is right around the corner and I am doing a repeat of last year and having a handmade Christmas (for the most part). So this means I need to get my self in gear and get these projects finished (started in some cases).

Makiah and Sam are doing great in school. Sam is doing so well that we may go ahead and start him in Kindergarten in January. I am still watching and trying to decide what to do. The Pre-K books do not challenge him, but I also don't want to overwhelm him. He will be five in a couple of weeks (mind blowing can you hear the explosion) and he amazes me with what he knows!! Makiah has decided that Math is NOT fun and she would rather do science and social studies. She did such a great job over the summer reading. She read 60 chapter books and I think she has finally decided that she does like reading! Daniel is doing well. He is like a completely different child from this time last year! You would never know that he ever needed any therapies at all. He talks a mile a minute and its clear as a bell! He jumps, runs, rolls, hits his brother~~he is normal. I thank God daily for his healing!!

How am I you ask? Well, thanks for asking. I am doing alright. I have found myself just slightly overwhelmed at times, but I am getting reigned in. I am sure that every mother in the whole world feels overwhelmed at times so I'm in good company. If you have ever read The Cat in the Hat, the page where the Cat is balancing on a ball holding ten things in one hand and ten on the other and his umbrella on his nose??? That is a perfect depiction of how I've felt the last three months. Good thing is, I'm still standing on that ball. ~~Smile~~

I have plenty more to say, but I think I'll draft some more posts now in case that ball I'm on gets wobbly. ~~Smile~~

1 comment:

Butterfly Momma said...

I totally hear you on the month speeding by. I'm not sure where it went, but a lot of my productivity went with it!! :) The kids are doing fabulous!! Makiah is a girl after my own heart with her reading!! Good for her! Glad that you are back blogging again ... I missed reading your posts :)