Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Daddy, Just A Few Thoughts

My Daddy is a great man. I am an only child and yes I was spoiled and still am. My Dad though is wonderful. My dad used to snore. Yes, used to, he now has a breathing machine because of sleep apnea, but as a kid he used to raise the roof. I loved to hear him snore. When I went away to college, I couldn't sleep for the first week, because there was no snoring. That sound was the sound of my protector and he was there, in the house, should my mom and I need him.

When I was little (maybe 7 or 8) I came outside while my dad was preparing to go on a hunting trip to Colorado, he went every year and he was checking out his bow. I was just amazed. I didn't usually see any weapons, he never just left them laying around, so I thought it was just the coolest thing, that bow. He began to tell me how it worked and showed me the arrow. I was lost through most of it, but he loved telling me and I loved listening to my daddy. I remember thinking how big and strong he looked with his hunting gear on and his bow out. My daddy can be a man of few words, but he always said what was important. I always knew he loved me, he showed me and told me often.

My daddy is older now, and so am I. I am not listening for snoring anymore, but I still know that whatever I need my daddy is there. Hubs is great and I love him dearly, but there is just something about daddy. Daddy's do something that no one else can do.

I thank God today and everyday for a good daddy. A daddy who raised me right, took good care of me, loved me and my mom unconditionally (and still does), prayed for me and is now an awesome grandpa.

I am so blessed.

No comments: