Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth!!

Hope you all are having a Happy Fourth and enjoying your families.

I always seem to be a little more reflective on the fourth than most days about my freedom and how it wasn't free. I am very thankful that I live in a free country, as crazy as it seems at times, it's still better than the best third world country and we are blessed and spoiled.

I am also thankful to all those men and women who are currently serving our country and whether or not you agree with the war, that's not the point, they are serving their country and doing a great job at it. Say a prayer today for all those who are putting themselves in harms way so that we can live in freedom. While we eat BBQ and watch fireworks they are hard at work for us.

One of my friends from Gateway is currently serving as a Chaplain in Iraq and my thoughts and prayers are with him and his wife.

Thanks to our Armed Forces--you guys are awesome! To the families who have a husband/wife serving our country thanks to you too.

May God bless our troops and this country (even when we don't deserve it).

No comments: