One year ago today I was not feeling the best. I was 38 weeks pregnant and was ready to have the peanut on the outside rather than inside. I had mentioned to my doctor that Samuel had been breech right up until the end and then he made a u-turn and everything was fine. I had also told her that I knew his head was in my lungs, I KNEW it. Being the smart doctor she is, she ordered an ultrasound, because everyone knows that mama's are usually right about these things. So as I was driving to the ultrasound I began thinking. . .
On the phone with the Pastor in early March: "I don't think I'll make it to the 24th of April, I have a strange feeling that this boy is coming on the 11th of April."
Pastor: "No, you can't do that we are out of town that weekend. (Laughing) Don't you think you should wait."
Me: "I don't know why, but that's when he is coming."
As I was driving along (on April 10th), this conversation comes back to my head. I think of the fact that I don't have my suitcase packed and all the things I still needed to do in preparation of a peanut. Looking back, except for the suitcase not being packed, everything else was ready, but my nesting insisted it wasn't! I wasn't feeling right, I just felt ICK and I KNEW the baby was breech. I also knew labor was near, I could feel it.
I called Hubs and said "WE NEED A NAME NOW!!" No more waiting. And we decided right then that his name would be Daniel Eli Lovelock. I needed to know his name before the ultrasound, so that if he was breech I could give him a good talking too!
I was right, Daniel was diagonal. Head up on the right and feet down over to the left. Turkey. I was going to have a long talk with him on the way home. I did not want a c-section. At that moment I wanted to wait as long as possible for this baby to be born. However long it took for him to make turn was fine with me. I went home. I did all the crazy positions to get the baby to turn. I prayed. I told Daniel to turn around!
We had a nice evening, just relaxing with my feet up, and I packed that suitcase. About 7:30 that evening, I felt a contraction. I ignored it, drank some more water (to stave off dehydration), and continued watching the movie. Not saying anything to anyone about the contraction. About 8, I had another one. 8:20, another one. By this time, I had to tell Hubs. See my contractions don't need to be close to be effective and I knew that from Sam's birth. So I told him and he says "Are you serious?" Well yeah, I don't really tease about these things. We piddled around and waited for more. 8:40, 9:05 and then 9:20. At this point I see a bad trend developing. I call my parents to come and stay with Makiah and Sam. I didn't even call the doctor, I just went straight to labor and delivery triage. They would call for me.
Hubs and I arrive at Labor and Delivery Triage and I check in. Confirmation on those contractions (yeah, I knew that) and I was dialated to three! I told them he was breech and so a portable ultrasound was brought in to confirm that he hadn't moved. He hadn't. So labor stopping medicine was given. It stopped the contractions until I could get to see a different doctor--one who can do the c-section. Ugh! After two hours of monitoring they felt I could go home (it was now 12:30 a.m.), with an appointment with the new doctor at 8 a.m. I went home and fell (gently) into bed. Around 4:30, contraction. I ignored it. I had little ones inconsistently through the night.
I went to the doctor that morning and he confirmed (again) that Daniel had NOT turned and he scheduled my c-section for that afternoon. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. I wasn't leaving. I was going downstairs to L & D triage to wait until my 4:30 c-section. April 11th. He was coming on April 11th.
Why did I have to be right????
~~~~~Read the conclusion tomorrow~~~~~