I was running errands the other day thinking of different situations in my life currently. As I was discussing this in my mind, I thought this statement; "I am just fearful. . . . ". Honestly at this point, right now, I don't even know what the rest of the sentence was and it doesn't really matter what it is, because God spoke to me in that moment, correcting me.
Earlier in the week, before the mind conversation, I happened upon a scripture in Isaiah 43:1-5,11 and it really stuck out to me. Let me correct myself, I didn't happen upon it, God knew of my future car conversation and knew I needed to read it! Here it is:
1. But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
2. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
3. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
4. Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.
5. Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;
11. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
I thought about past experiences and how God was always there through it. He didn't take it away or make my "waters" or "fire" disappear but he always brought me through EVERY SITUATION. Not only did he bring me through, I came out stronger and wiser because of it. So while driving and thinking about being fearful, I stopped mid-thought and got corrected by God. This scripture passage came back to my memory and God began dealing with me about why I was fearful. I recited the scripture again and the more I did the more I realized that I don't have to be fearful. God has never given me a reason to be fearful, ever. I have always known and given honor to God for bringing me through, but I also have a tendency to be a worrier. God is working that out of me. I mean OUT. OF. ME. I'm obviously a slow learner. ~Smile~
God was speaking to His people in this passage. I am His people, I am His daughter, His child, I am His--I'm good with that!
So why do we fear, when we are in God and He is in us?? When we abide in Him, He keeps us, saves us, protects us. Key here, is abide in Him. Humans typically fear when we feel out of control, but having a relationship with God means not controlling, it means releasing and letting God. Fear isn't an option. Perfect love (which is God) casts out fear. There is no room for fear where God abides.
Are you fearful? What do you fear? That sentence I started above, "I am just so fearful. . . ", you can fill it in with whatever your fears are. Whatever you fear God is bigger, greater. . . Saviour.
My new prayer in life is to live everyday resting in the very capable hands of God and FEAR NOT!
Hopefully my ramblings made some sense to you and I pray you all have a blessed Sunday!