Monday, September 21, 2009

Well Alrighty Then

Over the weekend I went away to a Ladies conference about 3 hours from where we live. The conference was awesome and I was blessed in many ways.

I actually went somewhere, out of town, without any children, overnight. Yes, that's the Hallelujah choir you hear singing in the background.

I hadn't ever been away from Daniel overnight and wasn't sure how he'd do, I actually did okay (I wasn't sure I would). I carried a purse. This purse did not contain any toys, diapers, wipes, cheerios or infant medicine of any kind. First time in over a year, no 4 years, no maybe more like 9 years, anyway--it was GREAT! I loved getting away, spending time with some of the ladies from church and mostly getting to worship God without fear of someone pulling my skirt off trying to get my attention. I love my kids with everything I am, but a night away every once in awhile does a mommy good. When mommy is good, everybody is good.

I got home after being gone for about 29 hours total and I knew that Sam had told my mom that he missed me. So being the mama I am, I asked Makiah.

Me: "Hey Kiah baby, did you miss mama too?"

Makiah: "Yeah, but you weren't gone that long. I mean you didn't go to Africa for 5 days or anything."

Alrighty then. Next time I'll have to stay away longer I guess. ~~Smile~~

2 comments:

Mainly a midwife said...

That sounds like a green light for a mommy/daddy overnighter somewhere:)

Karen said...

Woo-hoo!!! Glad you got away and were refreshed!! Remember, even God rested! :)