Friday, August 5, 2011

Potty Training 2.0 (The Upgrade), Installment 2

I know, it's been a LONG while since blogging about Daniel and potty training. Maybe that's because I don't feel like we have really been potty training. Not consistently, that is. No excuses, we were just struggling with it.

So, we have rejoined the full time potty training masses. He is doing really well. We can go most days, in underwear with no (or few) accidents. He absolutely loves wearing underwear instead of pull-ups or a diaper.

First thing in the morning, our conversation goes one of two ways. . .

Mama: "Good morning baby, how are you this morning?"

Daniel: "Hi Mama, I good. I thirsty."

Mama: "Okay, first we need to put on underwear, pee-pee in the potty and then we will get breakfast."

Daniel: "Yip. I peep in the potty like I big boy. Let's go."

~~or~~

Mama: "Good morning baby, how are you this morning?"

Daniel: "Hi Mama, I good. I thirsty."

Mama: "Okay, first we need to put on underwear, pee-pee in the potty and then we will get breakfast."

Daniel: "I don't wanna wear underwear or peep in the potty. I da baby, not a big boy. I peep in pull-ups."

Mama: "Nope, you are a big boy and you need to wear big boy underwear and peep in the potty. Let's go get 'em on."

Once the underwear are on, either forced or chosen, then we are good. Most of the time. Depending on how good the day went, we will then battle over putting on a night-night pull-up on because "he is a big boy, not a baby who wears diapers". It's hard to be three years old and consistent with where you stand being the baby or being big.

Sometimes getting him to the potty is easy and he is excited and other times I have make him go because he doesn't want to stop playing to go potty. Again, that consistency things comes up.

While this may not be the most exciting potty training story, I'm sure they will come. Don't they always when potty training?

Now to get up the courage to go on outings with underwear on instead of pull-ups without crying?!?! Daniel probably needs a little courage too. ~Smile~




No comments: